Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Choir, Episode 2

Watching this week's "The Choir" turned out to be tough because the director decided he needed to make all the choir audition a second time. One little boy reminded me so much of my son Ryan at the same age, probably around 10 or so. The boy was told that he wasn't in the choir anymore and he cried. I understand the need to cut people out who haven't got the voice for choir, but I thought it was unnecessarily cruel to kick those out who had already auditioned. He shouldn't have put them in the choir to begin with if they didn't meet the requirements. Watching that little boy cry broke my heart.

I want to love this show but that scene very nearly made it impossible for me to watch. I'm going to keep trying and try to forget the little boy's face but it's still imprinted in my brain.

Another student's father is allowed into the country to appeal a decision the UK government made previously that he couldn't immigrate. While that's a nice story, it didn't cancel out the rejected boy who cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment